Customers today want a good experience. Customer service can make or break your business. A good customer can generate positive referrals. A poor customer experience will generate bad reviews and turn customers away.
Here are five things to keep in mind when providing customer service.
- Customer service is about the customer, not you. Your customer wants to know what you can do for them. Personalize their experience with your business to solve their problem. Listen to your customer and give them the experience you’d want to get from your vendors.
- Do what you say you will. Truth in advertising is important to your brand. Be honest with your customers and deliver on your promises. You want your customer to depend on your word. You’ll sleep at night knowing that you’re not overpromising.
- Don’t deliver a product or service that you wouldn’t accept. Don’t let your customer down with the finished product. Do what you have to do to keep your customer happy, even if it wasn’t your fault. Think about building a relationship with a customer, not providing one transaction.
- Address complaints head-on. No, don’t be combative. Respond quickly when a customer complains. Be empathetic. Fix the problem. Keep calm. Your customer will be more likely to come back to you when they know that you’re going to do everything you can to fix the problem.
- Make your customers feel special. Customer loyalty programs are just one way to show your appreciation for your customers. You should always thank your customers at the point of sale, but maybe you can go beyond by delivering ahead of schedule or offering a discount on a future order. This keeps them coming back to you. It’s a double win.
Blackwater Capital Funding offers financing options with great customer service. Contact us today for more information.